In DataEngine, modules play a central role in data management and organization. In this article, we will delve into modules, their functions, and how they can be created.
What Is a Module in DataEngine?
In DataEngine, a module is a structured collection of data that represents specific information or business processes. Modules can be almost anything, ranging from customer accounts (Accounts), leads (Leads), deals (Deals), to notes (Notes), and much more. They are the building blocks that allow users to organize, store, and access data.
What Can I Do in a Module?
In a module, users can perform a variety of tasks:
- Store Data: Users can capture and store data within a module. This can include information about customers, interactions, transactions, and more.
- View Data: Stored data can be displayed in a tabular or list view to provide a quick overview. Details can also be shown to view comprehensive information.
- Search Data: Searching within modules allows users to locate specific records based on search criteria and filters.
- Create Reports: Users can create reports to analyze data from modules and identify trends. These reports can then be integrated into dashboards.
- Transform Data: Using workflows, users can automatically transform data within modules and trigger actions when specific conditions are met, enabling business process automation.
- Create Golden Records: Module data can be used to create “Golden Records,” representing the best and most reliable information about a particular record. These can be used to enhance data quality.
How Is a Module Created?
The creation of a new module in DataEngine is typically done by the instance administrator. Detailed information about developer tools, specifically “Studio” and “Module Builder,” can be found in the “Admin Handbook.” These tools allow the creation and customization of new modules to meet your organization’s requirements.
Additionally, existing modules can be extended by adding custom fields. These custom fields enable the capture of additional information within existing modules, tailoring them to specific needs.
In summary, modules in DataEngine are the fundamental building blocks for data management and organization. They provide the capability to store, view, search, create reports, leverage workflows, and enhance data quality. Module creation and customization are performed by the administrator, allowing the software to be adapted to your organization’s specific requirements.