A customer data platform (CDP) brings together data from all systems used by marketing and sales. This includes, for example, data from CRM and ERP systems, web analytics, marketing automation, inbound marketing and social media. The goal is to create a central customer view, gain insights, and manage marketing processes across systems. These possibilities support marketing and sales in optimizing the customer experience and thus increasing marketing success.
The most important requirements for a Customer Data Platform are
- Merge, validate, enrich, analyze and visualize data
- Build a golden record of person and account profiles
- Calculate potentials, clusters, prediction, scores, CLV and churn
- Consent management (merging all consents)
- Control and activate marketing processes and campaigns
Data is collected from all source systems, consolidated at the person level, and enriched as needed. Customers are segmented based on rules and the segmented data is passed to executing systems such as a CRM system or marketing automation system.
A CDP should provide the following functions.
- Synchronize results and changes with all systems
- Role and legal system
- Reporting and analysis
- Validate, correct and enrich data
- Map processes and store rules
- Trigger processes and control them across all connected systems
- Automation of administrative processes