We are looking for an exceptional Distributed Systems Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for building high performance workflow/queuing/storage engine. You will also collaborate with UI, connectivity and DevOps teams to come up with elegant solutions to complex problems. You will work in a polyglot environment where you can learn new languages and technologies whilst working with an enthusiastic team. This is role may be remote so candidates not based in Frankfurt are welcome to apply. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Evaluate and propose improvements to existing system
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Maintain and evolve application cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Maintain and evolve Kubernetes clusters
- Infrastructure hardening according to compliance and security requirements
- Maintenance and development of monitoring, logging, tracing, alerting solutions
- Build CI/CD pipeline
- Implement Disaster Recovery solution
- Build Multi-Region solution
- Strong experience developing and maintaining PHP applications (3+ years)
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving, and social skills
- Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms and how they are used is a must.
- Good understanding of all building blocks of large web applications: databases, load balancers, application servers, message brokers, caching, monitoring, etc.
- Good understanding of network protocols and stacks
- Good understanding of DB technologies: classic databases and modern no-SQL.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Good English skills
- Background in C/C++/Linux or other system programming
- Deep knowledge of physical DB design
- Experience of working with Docker and other isolation technologies.
- Experience of working with public cloud infrastructure providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience in building/deploying data processing pipelines is a plus
- Experience of working with third-party REST APIs