We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you will work on our Engine solutions which are a core part of our platform. This is role may be remote so candidates not based in Frankfurt are welcome to apply. In this role, you will build/extend/troubleshot/fix complex heterogeneous PHP applications, as well as small self-contained microservices. You will also be responsible for:
- Develop solutions based on containerized microservices in a cloud based infrastructure
- Integration of data storage solutions MySQL/Postgres/S3/MongoDB/InfluxDB/Redis
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Provide code reviews to your teammates
- Evaluate and propose improvements to existing system
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Strong experience developing and maintaining PHP applications (5+ years)
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving, and social skills
- Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms and how they are used is a must.
- Good understanding of all building blocks of large web applications: databases, load balancers, application servers, message brokers, caching, monitoring, etc.
- Good understanding of network protocols and stacks
- Good understanding of DB technologies: classic databases and modern no-SQL.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Good English skills
- Background in C/C++/Linux or other system programming
- Deep knowledge of physical DB design
- Experience of working with Docker and other isolation technologies.
- Experience of working with public cloud infrastructure providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience in building/deploying data processing pipelines is a plus